Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Monday, October 15, 2012

If referencing Narnia so much is wrong, I don't want to be right.


My prayers were spoken in her voice.
Quiet and strong, wise and brave,
She read my heart back to me.
As if I had handed her its ragged pages.

Divine guesses and nudges,
Raised to being, brought to life.
You etched out my dreams, 
Drawing faint and broken lines.

Pushing, pulling, and prompting
The kindness out in me
Raising my chin, lifting my eyes,
Squaring my shoulders, bearing my fear.

She became a bridge, a direct line,
A switch board, an ancient door.
She was all wonder and heart
As if she were the wardrobe or the painting.

And I, the fresh snow, the frozen stream.
I, the stone fox, felt You like the warmth of Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"