Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Monday, January 17, 2011

A poem, a poem

This last Christmas

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart"....I actually strongly dislike that song, so let's just pretend that never happened, shall we"
"But Netti, you have a backspace key, just press it" It's called dramatic effect. I have a hard time editing what I say, why change what I write? =P
Moving right along.

This last Christmas, I gave my parents a book - or a compilation rather- of several pieces I have written. I'd like to share one of those with you tonight. It is a poem I wrote that I like to read from time to time because it helps me to keep my focus where it should be. Anyhow, enjoy =)

Purpose:
A poem by Netti Miller, 11/1/10.

Purpose. Drive. Ambition. Destiny.
Refresh.
Repeat.
There are some things that I hate to feel. Some emotions I fight against with walls and knives of steel.
I asked once, “Hey boy, what’s that mark on your arm? And that one and that one?” He says, Rugby, Rugby,” He says, “girl I was aimless. I was nothing but aimless.”
And my heart jumps and skips and waits for reassurance. Am I in the right place, am I in the right time?
“Hey girl, what’s that slice in your hand?” She says, “Well there was this party…” [cue long and involved story] Do you think I can’t tell when you lie?
Purpose. Drive. Ambition. Destiny.
Refresh.
Repeat.
I hate to feel aimless, I hate to feel lost. I hate to feel like there’s nothing left. Like there’s no worthy cause.
Press on, push on, fight on.
Fight for reasons, fight for sense, fight for-
Purpose. Drive. Ambition. Destiny.
Refresh.
Repeat.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"