Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Smorgasbord

This blog is going to be a smorgasbord [as the title suggests]. First things first, this is blog #10! Woop woop!

"I'd like to thank all of my fans who make this possible..." I mean....
But seriously, thank you for reading. And to those of you that have hacked your way through all 10 [well, if you finish this one it'll be 10], kudos! And a special thank you to you.

So, here's to another 10. Aaaaand that's about all I have to say on that.

Second item on the agenda - The Demon Turkeys of Turnage
literally, there is a flock of turkeys that live in my neighborhood. Note the word "neighborhood" I live in one. Not out in the boondocks on a farm [despite how much I would prefer that]. They showed up one day and they were almost cute when they were teeny, but now they are not teeny. Then in the 'teenage' stage, they were kind of fascinating because when they ran they actually looked like feathered raptors. So that was fun. Now, however, there are like 6 of them, and they are sneaky and mean and block traffic.

They usually move, but there is the occasional time when no amount of horn beeping or light flashing will convince them that their home is not int he middle of the street. And then I am late to work - this is not a good thing.

I was all for the using of this seemingly divine gift, can anyone say free turkey? I can.
I don't see why we can't munch on the tasty 'little' [I haven't actually stood next to them, but they look like they'd reach about to my hip. I'll grant that my hip is not very high off the ground, but still - that is one intimidating bird] creatures.

Side note: I don't really care for birds. As in they scare me. I can appreciate their beauty and be jealous of their wings, but I would really prefer if they stayed very far away from me.

Third- I am so grateful for the girls in my small group. I love them, and my lovely leaders <3

Fourth- I am super stoked to start a new Bible study tomorrow =D <--------See that face? That is my stoked face.

Fifth- I am also super stoked to start the marriage class the end of this month [No, I am not getting married - a fiance, or boyfriend, or even mail order groom, is kind of necessary for that endeavor. I just think it's good to make an effort to glean as much wisdom as I can from others, and I think it will be good to have some insight into a marriage relationship.]

Sixth- I almost just did a face plant into my keyboard, this must mean it is bed time. Good night <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"