Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Too excited to sleep - so we're talking about faithfulness instead =P

I am bursting with excitement.

I laid down to sleep an hour ago, but it is futile - futile, I say!

SO I'm just gonna write for a little bit because it seems like the emptier my mind gets, the easier I sleep.

Oh....Side note - I'm going to California tomorrow =P It's spring break for me [well, after I finish work tomorrow =P] so I'm gonna hop a train with a friend and we're gonna hobo it up =) 
We are both beyond ecstatic =D [<----side note 2 - it took me three tries to spell 'ecstatic'. dumb english...]

Moving on, I have been pondering faithfulness lately. I have been totally blown away by how faithful God is, to me and everyone else.

I can't get over the fact that no matter what we do, no matter how much we might screw something up, God doesn't regret creating us. He doesn't consider us a waste of time, a lost cause. Mind blowing.

This in turn, made me think of faithfulness in regards to human relationships [aside from faithfulness to God]. Like I can be a faithful friend, I can not bail on people and be responsible. I can be there when they need me, I can push them out of the nest when they need a shove. I think these are all things that go into being a faithful friend, and they are some of the qualities I look for in friends. I look for honesty, because a friend that can be honest with me is a friendship worth working at.

But even aside from that, what does it mean to be faithful?
We can be faithful to our spouses/significant others [<----I hate that term. I should just make up my own...], so what does that look like?

In our actions yes, what we do with other people. [I'm one of those that defines cheating as,
the moment you are doing something that you wouldn't want your spouse/{insert newly created term here} to see/hear/know about. Just an fyi]

SO we want to honor our spouse by being faithful to them when it comes to other people. What about with how much work we invest in a relationship? [I think this will probably count for friendships too]

If we are not putting in as much as we promised, or insinuated, or otherwise implied, does that make me unfaithful?

Does that mean I'm cheating on the relationship in a sense?

And since cheating tends to be a purely selfish act, does that then define me and my actions as selfish?

Webster defines faithful as, "Firm in adherence to promises or in observance of duty"

FIRM, steadfast, ever-lovin', unwavering, impenetrable. Firm, faithful.

I don't know where to go with this....just that if that is how we define 'Faithful' then by definition to be human is to be the opposite of faithful.

So what's say we all try being inhuman [ <---not to be confused with inhumane] for a while, we might just have a shot at making the world a better place.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"