Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A New Leaf

So, it's been a while. Apparently I haven't had any deep thoughts or interesting events lately. Although I have been falling off chairs more often than normal...But that's beside the point =P

I feel like there's something new on the horizon - which is splendid for me, I love new!

Part of it is because of this lovely organization that I am getting involved with.





A New Leaf is a woman's ministry group through the West Salem Foursquare Church. A New Leaf is centered around women just being released from prison and helping them re-acclimate to life outside. So everything from logistics like a place to live, clothes, a bus pass, photo ID, or even just basic hygiene necessities; to a strong mentor/friendship.


I am beyond excited to begin this! I can't even get a hold of myself. I love being around change and transition, and this is just the coolest opportunity to live outside of myself. I can't wait. We're going to be running in pairs, so two mentors for one menti. I believe the first gal I'll be working with is released the end of June, or if not her, then sometime before September.

I am just so very stoked! I feel very honored that I might be trusted with this. God is sooooo cool.

All that being said, we are a non-profit organization, so stay posted for fundraising information! It's a grand way to benefit an awesome program and help out some women who need a hand. And of course there's something in it for the benefactors ;) Some ideas are a rummage sale [cool stuff], bake sale/donations going towards A New Leaf [goodies!], jewelry sale [ladies: pretties!, guys: can anyone say easy gifts?], and a car wash [clean car, hollaaaa!].

So please, please, PLEASE, stay posted and I'll do my best to keep ya'll in the loop as far as what we're doing and what anyone can do to help us out =)

Thanks all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"