Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thoughts from an Alkeseltzer addled mind.

I don't know if it's because of my family's YWAM history, or maybe it's just a part of my gene pool in general. My mom loves to travel, my dad loves adrenaline.

Or maybe it was something God birthed in my heart solely because it's a part of what makes me, ME.

Perhaps it's a combination of the two, like my psych teacher would explain - genetics give us that which we are predisposed to, and circumstances teach us what we would learn.

Netti, what are you even talking about?

Well thank you shoulder helper number two [I've decided to use #2 today because she is petty and was getting jealous of all the attention #1 had been receiving].

My apologies, I'm sick, and because I am sick, I am fuuull up on cold medicine.


Which makes me loopy. I pity my co-workers and maybe even a few of the children, assuming I am still under the weather tomorrow. My family has been stellar though, they always are, but I've hardly done a thing. It's frustrating and beautiful all at once.

ANYHOW. Returning to my previous pondering, I love new things. New experiences, places, people, languages, cultures, scenery, all of it. Not new as in shiny and sparkling - although I suppose that has it's place as well, but new as in new to me. I love doing things I've never experienced before.


Out of this desire to see the world and love it, I torture myself with different pictures and music and documentaries of places I'd love to see. I love hearing the different way people speak, not only the accents, but the vocabulary as well. Fascinating.

I think about that story in the Bible, about the tower of Babel, and how God split up our tongues to speak different languages. What was a punishment then, is SO beautiful to me now.

That is incredible.

I bet they didn't really care for it at the time.

Isn't that strange how perception works? I am grateful for different languages and the dimension they give this world. And that, something that I treasure, was an act of disciplining a selfish culture. Nuts.

Anyhow, that's all I got.

...And now this is awkward.  I'm just gonna go.

...Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"