Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Skin and Scales

My faults lead me to the Water
Where my reflection shone much to clear,
Each little slip glittering hard atop my skin.

It was a pretty mask, a fair suit that spread
All across my face, covering my skin,
Hiding my heart behind hard scales.

But the loveliness was not my own
And the ugly mistakes had begun to show.
There's bravery in desperation.

The itch could not be satisfied
I was tired of always scratching
So I raked my claws into my scales - no scales, no itch.

But it's never enough, no never enough when I'm trying on my own.

And so the Lion helped to tear me apart.
Ripped my shining mask to shreds.
I begged for release - for the easy way out.

I begged for no more pain
I cried out for my scales
Until I could feel His healing tears.

Because it's never enough, no never enough when I'm trying on my own.

When my skin shone clear,
It was blemished as it ever was.
But soft and smooth, beautiful in it's vulnerability.

Truth that went unfelt with my scaley shell
Rained down on my revealed skin.
A loveliness to call my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"