Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Chase

The Chase

I heard your soul in my melody, I heard it echo mine.
I saw your eyes in the waters deep, I saw them in the sun.

I caught a glimpse of your heart in the whispers on the wind.
I felt you in the ocean, like a distant one armed hug.

I have seen you around corners and in quiet spaces
I have leaped from high places to try to catch your fleeting smile.

I have chased and hunted and sought for you.
I wanted nothing but to find you.

I hung my head in deep despair, I covered my face with failed hands.
I cried for my loss, for my failing the search.
I cried for my lonely heart, for my purpose.

I felt you when I fell on surrendered knees. I felt you in the air around me.
I heard you in the desperation, I heard you through the sadness.

I saw you in my brokenness.
You, who never wanted a game, never wanted a chase.

You, who simply wanted a willing heart, a listening heart.
It was always You, not waiting to be found, but wanting stillness.

The beauty I had hunted and desired was not meant to be owned.
Not meant to be found and controlled on my terms.
The security I looked for in You was not mine to take - Yours to give.

I wanted to be all You are, to be the master, to be the power.
I wanted to have the tenderness, to have the loving heart.

But You are not to be tamed or kept in a cage. You are meant for the wild things.
You are meant for my heart, so like all wild things --

--Afraid and brazen and unsure and ready to run.
But lovely and soft and kind and wholly Yours.

I saw your reflection in my eyes, felt your peace in my heart
The hunt is ended, I found the nothingness with out You

You, who are all that I am.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"