Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Customary New Year Blog ;)

Happy New Year! =)

Last night I got to ring it in with people I love, which is really an incredible thing. For a lot of people this holiday centers around "who will I kiss when the ball drops?" not to mention a lot of people are too smashed to think about it, but I digress.

For me, I've never really done new year's resolutions. I didn't see the point - still don't actually. If I want to change something I don't need a specific date to spur me into action.
But this year I almost have one =P My auntie has started a family wide Get Healthy campaign....actually its more of a competition. I love to win. So there's my goal for 2012 =P

After a lovely party last night, I came home with a book I've been dying to read [thanks to Calvin for letting us borrow it =D] The Hunger Games kept me awake until 5am. I just woke up like an hour ago. I have some serious anticipation issues. I hate not knowing what happens next. I hate the feeling of being hunted, which takes place in most of the book. I hate it so much I don't even do well with hide and go seek. The anticipation!
So I read the whole thing. I'll probably regret it when I can't sleep tonight and have to go to work, but for now all I can say is, read it!

I thought it was a pretty easy read, but the story is goooooddd. It's original and the characters get at you, you have to love or hate them =P

That being said, here's the cliche reflection on last year:

2011 really sucked for a good portion of it. I encountered the worst drama over some pretty dumb over-reactions, misconceptions, and fear of confrontation/communication, that I have ever been in. But I guess when the heart is involved all sorts of crazy things can happen.

Seriously though, too many people hurt over just a few people's choices that led to no good for what felt like forever. It's getting better now though.

But this helped me to remember that my family really are my best friends. I love them and am incredibly blessed to have been born into it.
I have gotten to form some new friendships that I treasure.

I got stronger, learning how to be weak. Learning how to accept that I can't fix everything, I can't even try sometimes. It's not always my place.

As always, God has shown me things to learn from, to grow from. I am almost always surprised when He does that for some reason. It's like I go, "oh yah, I forgot you were standing there" almost every time. =P

But this year, as painful and frustrating as it has been, has room for redemption, which I love. It is my favorite thing to see something that has been torn to shreds be recreated, be resurrected, and return stronger than ever from surviving so much opposition.

And then there's Natasha.
She came to live with us in June and for some reason stuck around in our crazy family =P
She's been incredible. It's been amazing to watch God work in her life so apparently. I'm proud to call her my sister.

I look forward to 2012, what with the zombie apocalypse and all.

Kidding. But if there ever was one...golly I can't decide if I'd put up a fight or if I'd just die. Who would want to live to remember that anyhow?

But in all seriousness,
I finish my Associates Degree this year
I hopefully get to travel more
I get to be with people I love and who love me
It's not illegal - or not yet - to love my God.

I am a very lucky girl.
Happy New Year beautiful people
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"