Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Monday, January 2, 2012

LIttle blip on royalty.

I've got this thing for royalty.

Especially ancient, like medieval, royalty. Specifically Celtic.

I love the idea of a whole country of kings, and then the High King. The Aird Rhy.
It's kind of like the Kingdom of God that way, maybe that's why I like it so much.

But I'm intrigued by honorable Royals. When there is so much power at the tips of one's finger, and they choose to do good, to put the lives of others ahead of their own, that's just incredible to me.
I identify with royalty, not because I feel superior in any way, but because I get that sense of purpose. I get the feeling of being designed for more than average life. I get the call for responsibility over frivolity.
I get the idea of being birthed for something greater than my own desires.

When I think about who I am, in the sense of my identity in God, I think "Daughter of the King"
Which in reality is what we all are if we choose to carry our title.

Anyhow, I think daughter of the king - and then I'm reminded that that means royalty. That means responsibility and accountability. That means vulnerability and lack of selfish privacy. It means that no person I encounter is outside of my "duty", outside of my loyalty.

God has given us this task, to hold His standard, to be His flag bearers, to be His foot men and archers. God has given us the task to be warriors and healers and servants. We are a kingdom in the most literal and basic sense, as well as the spiritual. He has commanded us, not like a king who has chosen wrong - who has chosen tyranny, but He commands us like a king concerned for the greater good. Probably because that's what He is =P

I've got a thing for royalty.
I've got a thing for people who recognize it in themselves and use it to honor our King, not for our own selfish gain.

Something to think on.

It seems like the influence each and ever person on this earth has is pretty underestimated. Everyone affects something and someone whether we realize it or not. Combine that with the light of Christ and you've got a pretty undeniable force.

Been rolling around in my noggin, thought I'd share.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"