Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi

-Hola, Néih hóu, Bula, Bonjour, Aloha, Konnichi wa, Mogethin, Kia Ora, Hi-
No matter what your language, cadence, or creed, I'm glad you're here =)

"She's tired of flat lands and cornfields, Seashells traced in snow. She wants more bugs on her windshield, She don't want to go alone...She talks about her waterfall fountain, And her house out on the bay. She's in love with broken glass mountains, Fireplace cafes."

Translation, please!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"I wanna talk about me, I wanna talk about I"...Well, no, not really.

I realized today that those of you who read this blog may not know very much about me. So this is an 'About Netti' blog. [In retrospect, this probably should have been my first blog, but oh well =P] Today/night/early morning is also a special occasion because it is being brought to you by my new computer =) My old one took a tumble off my bed and a new term starts on the 3rd, so now I truly am a broke college student. But I am a broke college student with a new computer =P This is what it looks like...more or less. I like it =)


Anyhow, my name is Netti, this is what I look like


I am 21 years old, and my favorite color is blue.

I like to write [hence the blog] and I want to somehow incorporate that into what I do for a career one of these days. What I would most like is to somehow become involved with a justice oriented organization where I can use writing as a tool to help out. Whether it be grant writing [which I get to learn this term! So excited!], promotional writing, or whatever really.

I have an amazing family, seriously, they're the best.

I love music, it is actually really uncommon for me to be somewhere where there is no music playing. I love to sing, and I dabble with any instrument you'll let me try =)

Getting flowers is one of the very best things =) I don't care if they're wild or not, I love the thought behind them. Although, my favorite are thistles, but those are a bit hard to find in bouquets =P

I love God, plain and simple. He is the driving force behind my life.

Chess is probably one of the greater games ever created. Then Boggle, and then Scrabble.

The kitchen is one of my favorite places, no matter where I am, you can probably find me working in the kitchen. And it's even better when there's some great people accompanied by some great music.

I am a total night owl - and I blame my mama for it =P

I adore new cultures and languages, I love knowing that the world is bigger than my small vantage point.

Laughing is one of my favorite activities.

I would love to work in a library.

I feel like too many of these statements begin with 'I' but I suppose if this post is meant to be about me it's kind of unavoidable.

I like being serenaded - I love being serenaded in a foreign language.

I hate packing and unpacking, but I don't mind the actual moving.

I really enjoy people watching. Airports support some of the better subjects for this hobby.

Gore doesn't really bother me, I actually find most of that fascinating. However, I loathe puke. I would almost rather see a finger go flying than have to be near someone when they vomit. Yucko.

My birthday is on Halloween. One time the librarian called me a little witch and my mom got mad at her. Really mad. If I had been that librarian and not 8yr old me, I would have been afraid.

I am left handed, another thing passed down from mama,

I hate math, probably mostly because I'm bad at it, but still.

I am about to fall asleep, which is probably a good thing since Katt [who is presently asleep on my couch] asked me to wake her up in the morning =P

So there you have it! A very few amount of facts about me/things I like. Maybe this will make me more to you than words across a screen, or maybe you'll think of it as an egotistical approach to publicity. Either way, I'm thankful for those of you who read my small corner of the cyber world.

Enjoy the rest of your sleep [to those of you who are sleeping]
Better get to bed soon! [to those of you who are like me, doing something totally unnecessary at 2:30am]
And to those of you working a night shift or something on a similar level of torture, I hope the time flies by quickly for you and that you are met with a warm bed and someone who loves you upon your return home.

Thank you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And remember, this is for posterity's sake, so be honest. How do you feel?"